PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - International Ops from non International Airport
Old 31st Oct 2010, 20:15
airsupport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many years ago, way back in 1988, we also used Broome, for that F27 ferry flight to England, see ''Ansett and the Fokker Friendship'' thread. The Customs and Immigration was all prearranged by Ansett of course, but the people there were very professional and helpful, I even got one of them to stamp a few postcards with their ''departed Australia at Broome'' stamp.

Funny thing with my passport, things have probably changed since 9/11, but I went all that way via all those Countries, and back to Australia as a pax, and that stamp out of Broome was the ONLY thing in my passport.

When we arrived at Norwich in England, we were supposed to be met by the UK Customs and Immigration people, however it was on the weekend and there was nobody there, we waited about an hour and nobody turned up so the Air UK guys just said go, so we did.

A few days later when I fronted up at Heathrow to fly home as a pax on SIA, the Immigration guy looked at my passport and said where did you enter the UK? I explained it all and he said nobody could possibly make up a story like that so off you go, but he wouldn't stamp my passport departing the UK as it wasn't stamped arriving.