PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EOSID -v- EFP any comments on differences?
Old 31st Oct 2010, 15:38
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear masters of the Universe
The level here is going too high!

The point of view of a humble 320 FO

If the EFP or EOSID is standard, then I relax, all I have to know is to what side is the turn, and where are the most prominent obstacles.

By "standard" I mean what the provider for my airline does for most of the runways: straight ahead, at 1,500 turn either right or left to a fix and hold. Accel alt is not given, but min and max accel alt instead. 99% of the times 1,500 (A320 default altitude) is within that range. So most of the times the procedure is basically the same.

If obstacles are a factor and this is not possible, then a "non-std" procedure has to be carried out.

When the EFP is non-std and specially in IMC, I review carefully and brief before departure.

This "standard and non-standard" way of looking at it helps me a lot.

Then again, in simulators, when the FI acting as ATC tells me to turn right heading 150º before reaching accel alt because he wants to save sim time I always doubt what to do. If I depart from the procedure, I could hit an antenna or somthing. And I have no means, in that moment, to know if I am safe or not, so I think the only sensible thing to do is "unable, call you back when ready for turn".

If I find a very strange EFP by EAG in LEVC I will post it here to see if you, masters of the univers find any sense in it.

thanks