PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2010, 14:16
dcoliv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, you are absolutely right, I forgot to mention on my earlier post that I agree with you. It is wiser to memorize like that. As already mentioned in this thread, you can also group aircraft by size (large, medium, small) or by route (transatlantic, etc.) in order to make the memorization process easier

EDIT: by the way, a little bit off topic:

I passed the FEAST and SDM tests this September in my country (Portugal), but unfortunately I didn't pass Stage 3 (group exercise + personality questionnaire + more computer tests + interview with a psychologist). They are only recruiting 6 people and there were 70+ candidates in Stage 3, so the odds were slim at best

I'm heading to Whiteley in December to attend Stage 1. Assuming that I pass this stage and that I am invited to attend Stage 2, do any of you think it is possible for me to skip the FEAST and SDM tests if I explain the situation to NATS? This way, I would attend Stage 2 and I would only do the NATS tests. I don't know if anyone here has been in this situation before.

I will gladly repeat the tests in Whiteley if I have to, but I read somewhere that people shouldn't repeat them. If you've passed once, then you shouldn't need to repeat them. So I'm guessing that if I explain the situation to NATS they will ask for my data, unless the FEAST/SDM tests NATS does are different from the ones done in EUROCONTROL and many other countries, but I'm assuming they are the same (I don't know whether this is a fair assumption because FEAST's last exercise is the one with the cubes, and NATS tests that as early as Stage 1, so perhaps they aren't exactly the same).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by dcoliv; 31st Oct 2010 at 14:30.