PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2010, 09:12
belowmsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Already An Inflight Engine Shutdown

Ok gentleman, after being for so long with my mouth shut, let me give you the real picture of HKA, A330 fleet.
Pilots ARE ON GROUND FOR MONTHS. All due to bad planning. We are all sitting here at the Hotel, waiting for Line training, others for CAD Exams, others for...lots of reasons. Apparently, at the beginning, Airbus Instructors were not enough, then CAD was delaying Conversion Terms on purpose, then no dates for Exams, then not enough scheduled flights for training, then no Instructors. Where does the lie stop? Where? Meanwhile, we are all sitting here, doing nothing. Some of us waiting for a training flight for 2 months or more. 2 months? Only if you now somebody there, otherwise expect 4 month after you completed your training at Airbus (6 and half weeks). Oh, and the salary is crap at this stage, so what are we supposed to do? Ask for a Bank loan, before you come here, because the money wont be enough.
We try to talk to the A330 management, when they are there. The poor people have no idea of what they are doing, so they set up a new strategy. LETS ALL RUNAWAY!

GMF, I have never met him, and only few of my friends did. Apparently he is always in France, picking up all the airplanes, and running away from this situation. The situation that he created! I heard that, from THE actual Management, that he is the only one with experience on type, but no Management experience. Nice job my friend. Can I go to France with you next time?

Crew Training Manager?? Who is he? Is he the man that is running away as well? All the training is done by Airbus, and when we arrive here, he doesnt organize anything at all. Nothing is done or scheduled FOR US. We go to the office, but he is never there, HE IS ALWAYS FLYING. How come? He has no experience in his position, he doesnt work, and I heard that he never flew Airbus in his all life (CANNOT CONFIRM THIS), so how did you get this position? He is a nice guy for a coffee, always available to listen to you, but very weak and poor doing his work. He is resigning again ( I heard from a friend, that before I arrived, he resigned already 2 or 3 times). Will he leave this time or not? Gentleman, lets place our bets again?? And why are you running away?? Because you are one of the guilty ones. What a lousy work you did, congratulations!!

Fleet Manager, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Where can I apply to be you friend? Can you also get me a Management position? I can be your Chief Pilot Hotel Assistant Deputy, ok? I also dont know what I will do, but I cant do worst then you, can I? First of all, he has only, around 1000 PIC and not on type. He never flew A320/A330/A340. How did you get this job??? Friendship? Can I apply as well? PLEASE?
If I were you, I would also be ashamed of my work, and...RUNAWAY!! Where were you before?? F/O Air Hong Kong and now A330 Fleet Manager, how does CAD coop with all of this? Nice friends, my friend!

And now, the best Hotel mourning coffee news!
HKA, A330 Freighter, flying to Singapore yesterday, had a FIRST INFLIGHT ENGINE SHUTDOWN!!!!!! Already? Congratulations Fleet Manager. I heard that you just had HKA, 1st Engine Shutdown. I heard that you were the one flying. Will CAD finally Investigate HKA, you and your friends, and decides to do something? Or maybe not?
So now we understand, that we came here, with a lot of lies said during the interview, but still thinking that it is ok to work here.
Now, we realized that, the salary sucks, and a good advise to all the future new joiners... DONT BELIEVE IN THEM, the salary sucks, Management has no experience, no routes, no exams, no Instructors, and now? NO MAINTENANCE???
Somebody needs to do something.
Well, I will tell you one thing, if the market keeps going up, myself, the new Chief Pilot Hotel Assistant Deputy, and my friends, will built some hours on Type, and get out to look for something else better then this.

Congratulations HKA, you just ruined all of our hopes. And why did I thought that all this things told on this threat were a lie? WHY DIDNT I BELIEVE IN THIS THREAT????
Future new joiners, I know that the A330 TYPE RATE IS FOR FREE, but watch out, the salary is worst then what they say to you (and dont forget the TAX). Its all a LIE!!!!!!!!!! Get the rating and GO...

Yours,
Below MSA