PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 880 tonight = No FO. Let's keep it that way
Old 31st Oct 2010, 02:14
superfrozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True, but...

BC - you're absolutely right re: dangers of name & shame... but my post was in reference to the OP's topic, namely 880 and it's G-day "FO" (AOA STC?!?).

It's mind-bottling that this should happen, and if (when??) our pay negotiations go nowhere, we as a collective can look to examples such as this and say with complete confidence that it's our own damn vault.

Clearly we are willing to help out this caring company. Just remember, it's the same company that demanded SLS due "financial hardship", makes record (approx $2BN USD!?) profits a year later then has the gall to only give back 90% of the SLS to its captains... The very ones that then turn around and say "thank you sir, may I have another and can I help you out of the rostering bind that YOU created?"

Meanwhile, the 49ers have their compensation (oh wait - no, the "caring company" is appealing that decision) and the SOs/FOs are receiving their duly entitled BPP (oh wait, no they're not - the caring company is appealing that SO Labour Tribunal finding as well).

Brings a tear to my eye, in fact, I think I'll phone them now and see if I can help the poor buggers out.