PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WSOp's/WSO's at Kinloss, what does the future hold?
Old 30th Oct 2010, 17:01
Petasus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pontius, a valid point but not one that I've missed. Given the option of an uproot (to be expected in military circles, no matter what the job) or out of work, I would think that most would take the move.

Without trying to contradict myself, I would think that if ISK does, sadly, close then people will have to move, (numbers noted sideshow) that's a fact. What isn't a fact is the redundancy issues. Yet. Alot of people seem to be telling us to worry without proper fact.

On another thread a little more perspective is employed and the opinions seem to be that if the worst does come to the worst, it won't be a sudden issue. Who at the moment knows whether AFPS 05 people will be better off or not? Nobody I would wager, or rather nobody who is going to post on here.

Do we realistically think that 5000 poeple will just receive a brown envelope? I don't. There are mechanisms to achieve the numbers and not just widescale instant redundancy. I think Sideshow could give us an idea of what he and his mates have done to survive a similiar stupid decision - not all Air Engs are on the outside now. Having said that I can see what the problems are with people and jobs available.

I do feel for those at Kinloss, the not knowing about your job, career and home must be awful. But having to move out of necessity is just tough frankly, I wouldn't want to leave my family at a trying time but I've done it before and I'd do it again. Part of service life I'm afraid, well, that's how I see it anyway.