PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What makes you feel better after "thanks but no thank!"??
Old 19th Aug 2002, 05:59
FloatJockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS

Just wanted to come back for a quick THANK YOU GUYS/GIRLS! All your answers are highly appreciated!

It took me an entire month and a lot of greassy food to get over the Australian Airlines rejection! It is kind of hard to see your friends leaving home and getting organized for the trip to Cairns... (after they turned down a job offer with MAM or VB) while you're home because... because you think you probabily sukk compared to them! (at least that's what the first reaction was...).

Now I know what I did wrong: I failed to show them I am THE best candidate for the job!! Funny, 'coz I really AM what they are looking for! I just failed to show them! I started on the wrong foot, making statements about when to reapply if I was not to make it! Asking when I could have some time off to see my husband if he was not to relocate with me... how stupid!
I forgot to tell them about my motivation, the work and the research I've done during the previous month and how much I prepared myself! I completely avoided telling them how much I'd love to learn Japanese and discover new cultures! I forgot to tell them I've read a few books about Japan, I spoke to asian people on the street asking them about their culture, their traditions...
I even started eating sushi and sashimi!!!... I reached the peak of my madness the day before the interview: I had a manicure in chinatown and harassed that poor girl (from Tokyo) until she told me everything about home...

I guess I should re-apply!

Mrs. FloatJockey