PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WSOp's/WSO's at Kinloss, what does the future hold?
Old 30th Oct 2010, 11:05
Petasus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6-8 WSOps used to fly on the Nimrod, less the Engineer, and dependant on crew composition.

Anyway, this thread is alarming and depressing. I get the impression that people on here are doing a little too much scaremongering.

Does anyone actually know about forced redundancies yet? Does anyone know about voluntary redundancies yet?

If they do can we please have some pukka information then?

Otherwise any young WSOs/WSOps reading this should remember that it's just a rumour forum.

There may well be unpopular moves ahead for some and those at the end or start of their contracts may feel they need to worry - but that is mere speculation and by saying that I may be just as bad as the doom and gloom merchants here.

Whilst not wanting to stick my head in the sand and thinking it won't happen to me, these changes may take years to implement - I would very much doubt that people are going to queuing at the job centre next week.

As for feathering your nest and making yourself look more important than you really are - I think that's a load of old tosh for most cases. Many WSOps, particularly Sgts, don't have that luxury available and will have to just wait and see what happens, and of course, when.

Do we actually know when these decisions are going to happen? PR 11 perhaps? Which is Spring 2011 I believe, although please feel free to correct me.

We could look at the last 'big chop' of people and make assumptions from that if that would give some people a bit of hope. Now, I don't know exact numbers and this is a small bit of knowledge that I have, but some AEOps did take voluntary redundancy after Options for Change - does anyone know of forced redundancies? An honest question.

Would it be too much to ask people to employ their common sense in looking at this realistically, not just make wild predictions that we are all in dire trouble? If people are in the know, AND they can let us know, then please fire away.

Rant off. Out.