PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2010, 09:22
dhc83driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to Clarify the duty pay. We get 1.90 / hour whilst on duty.Do a 5 day tour and you will get about £200 pre tax. This is to cover expenses while at work. We are given meals at work whilst at work. If they are not available then you can claim a meal allowance via expenses. Hotels are clean and normally to a high standard. Breakfast is included in hotel rates unless you report on an early and then breakfast is provided on board. Most hotels give a voucher for breakfast so if you don`t want breakfast you can use it for something else normally to a value of about 10 euros. The tax paid on our duty pay is controlled by HMRC and is based on us collecting receipts to justify our expenditure. This did not happen at the last audit so we now pay more tax . We have requested another audit. Its not all bad if you take duty pay for what it is. You will make more money from disruption payments if your happy to be changed around and be flexible.

Last time i was at Manchester we had the choice of train or hire car. I used the car and claimed back the fuel, This was paid in a very short time. I do believe that parking has now been restricted hence the train. When at Gatwick for training, hire car or taxi offered.