PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harrier GR3 Cockpit equipment Question
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2010, 06:58
Ivank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harrier GR3 Cockpit equipment Question

I am involved in a Falkands War based PC simulation called "Jet Thunder". One featured aircraft is the Harrier GR3. I am trying to figure out a couple of things in the GR3 cockpit. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Marconi ARI-18223 RWR system was fitted to all the GR3's that went to the Falkands. Studying many images of various GR3 cockpits does not indicate any form of CRT display. The Sea Harrier FRS1 had similar equipment but had a CRT display on the lower right forward instrument panel. So how was threat information displayed to the pilot on the GR3 ?

In the image below there are a series of 6 Square "lights" are these associated with the RWR system ?

Also what is the large box unit to the left if the HUD ? I have one cockpit drawing that implies that this is a Standby sight .... though how you would use it as such is beyond me.

HUD AIR TO GROUND SYMBOLOGY
In a similar vein if anyone knows or has information on GR3 HUD symbolgy for manual reversion guns, bombs or rockets it would be handy. We have all we need for the Sea Harrier but little accurate HUD info on the GR3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.