PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2010, 23:05
sidney_young

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your responses DutchBird-757 and justanotherstat.

With regards to Captain Widebody you are for want of a better word a "Plonker".

I have read through these forums and tried to find out as much as I can and was not sure about subsistence.

Believe it or some company's do pay subsistence costs which will cover more then a cheese and pickle sandwich!

I come to work to make money and I don't fancy dipping into my pocket to pay for food especially when I am not at home. In my opinion, I think the Company has a moral obligation to ensure that you stay in a safe clean hotel, and you have enough money to buy more then a McDonalds – I don’t consider these perks – I consider it a necessity !

At my present company we get E70 per day tax free - and it don't go that far by the time you have paid for breakfast, had a couple of coffees and an evening meal.

This is why I wanted to clarify this point, which DutchBird-757 and justanotherstat have kindly answered.

It's people like you who bury their head in the sandpit who are driving our terms and conditions down in this industry – I’ll just turn the other cheek shell I!

Is subsistence going to really change my mind – not in isolation, but I want to have an idea what the whole package is. I can then make an informed decision.

One final word Cheche asks a perfectly acceptable question regarding has anyone been called for assessment – why make a stupid comment about it – the guy or girl is only showing a bit of enthusiasm!