PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot sentenced to 20 years for causing the Cotonou B727 crash
Old 29th Oct 2010, 22:56
PilotMikeTx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for the licence validations, I am not surprised that a CPL was validated for ATPL privileges. I worked in Libya for a brief period and I was given TRI/TRE privileges based solely on my history as a Line Training Captain, despite never having held a TRI/TRE previously. A colleague who was an F/O but held an ATPL, was given a Left Seat validation based solely on the fact he held an ATPL at the time.
I worked with a Libyan who had been issued an LCAA Challenger type rating even though he never took, let alone passed a checkride. He did his 2 week initial training at CAE, but since CAE doesn't have examining authority for the LCAA, they could not administer the checkride. But they did give him a nice "certificate of completion" (suitable for framing) complete with shiny gold seal, which he was able to present to the LCAA, who gave him a green stamp on his license making him a type rated, captain qualified hajji. Luckily the company had enough sense not to turn him loose by himself.