PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest - F100 for Argyle?
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2002, 01:01
I'm with stupid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodgy, your point is valid, but the same could be said for almost every port in WA. Everyone screamed for competition in WA after ANs total monopoly for decades, but there was no assistance for Airlink and to some point, no support from the public. Port Hedland was a good example, they whinged about no competition but when Airlink came along they did'nt support them so eventually airlink pulled out, they whinged about that too. What they wanted was someone to run an A/C in and out empty just to keep AN honest, yeh, that was going to happen.

The figures regarding the the RJ70 are incorrect, it is not a 70 seater and from memory NJS had it configured at around 80 odd.
Also NJS has 2 x 300 series A/C, which are 87 seaters including 8 J class, so I don't think that argument hold alot of water.

If Skywest has 30% of woodside, I don't think that will warrant 2 return trips a day to KA.

The contingency plan for the inevitable breakdown is an interesting one, for sure NJS and/or QF will be doing Skywest no favours in that department, but more importantly, unless something has changed drastically, NJS had enough trouble covering their own breakdowns ( not that there was that many ) yet alone the oppositions.

I sincerely hope this contract does'nt have a negative effect on Skywest, it's the last thing they need at the moment.