PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2010, 18:51
DHC6to8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good points chaps

I am a 100% fully employed bloke (left seat) and looking for a ticket back to the family roots in the UK....
Banannaman2... it should not matter if I am employed and experienced or a green horn... I believe that everybody should be treated fairly and with respect. Yes, I have walked away from offers from both contracts and companies because I know what I am worth and what my skill set is valued at in the market - and I did not feel that I was being valued by these companies/contractors.
I also have faired well by respecting the first and second officers I have had the pleasure of working with.... we are all valuable and a part of a greater team... some of the best Captains I worked with as a green horn treated me as an equal and demanded that the company also respect and treat all crew with the same value as a seasoned veteran. I promised to carry this over when I went left seat so many years ago. Regardless if you are starting out or have been in the industry for years, you are a valued member of a greater team that is entrusted with the lives of people on a daily basis - in the end we are all on teh same team regardless of what company we work for!Good constructive collective bargaining should hold this important attitude to promote and support all ranks equally. I have had a 250 hour first officer rescue my arse on a bad day just as efficiently and effectively as a senior training captain.... so, if you are invited to the BACF interview and selection, carry yourself well, remember what you are worth and don't under any circumstances sell yourself for less.There are limits of pay and benefits that accompany your first entrance into the industry and that is to be expected, but don't allow yourself to be crushed under the weight of indignity or prostitution. We are competing amongst ourselves for the available jobs... and I say, may the best man win. Win like a gentlemen and if you lose this round... keep at it and be a good sport. Companies today are looking for good team members and sports, not individualists who are hell bent on the satisfaction of the ego/self.

Some thread drift here so please excuse my ramblings...I wish all who applied for BACF the very best for your selections and interviews! May the best man win!
Cheers,
6ot8