PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2010, 18:23
Spanish Waltzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgive my intrusion in to this thread but for those of you, like me, following this thread & also the SAR-H one, there seems an awful lot of similarities.

At a time when national SAR helo coverage is about to go through a massive overhaul & potentially see a PFI run the show - with a need to make a profit -it is interesting that comments on here along the lines of less aircraft attempting to do the same job ring true across both disciplines.

How many times recently have SAR & police helos worked alonside each other - certainly doing the S bit of SAR, particularly as they are now also fitted with airwave - I just wonder whether there are certain senior management types on both sides with their heads in the sand thinking it will be ok as we can rely on the other emergency helos to help us out - not realising that they potentially will be just as badly off!

Or maybe the master plan is to also bring the new SAR helos into this NPAS master plan & then tell the public the UK has got more police/SAR helos than ever before....arent we lucky!