PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2010, 16:31
jjohns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
al garhoud

i live in al garhoud E. there are 7 bldgs A-G. it is walking distance from the training college which in great. also super duper close to airport. the location is ok. there are some things to do out here (google "irish village" and other bars, restaurants) but dubai is not that big and taxis are super cheap and abundant. also the metro is in walking distance. the building itself is "old" in emirates standards as it is the original employee housing. the kitchens could use some updating for sure but i dont cook so i dont care. also, no balcony your building has a pool and a gym- i have to go to building next door for that. supermarket, gas station, etc all around the corner.

just be glad you are placed here as some people in my class are out in nevernever land. you are granted 1 free move within the first year. so i am gonna check out all the other locations/neighborhoods and see which one i like best before i decide i dont like this one

here is my number in dubai 2865180- call me when you arrive as you are going to have tons of questions. also, my email if any questions before you get here [email protected]

congrats on being hired!

jess