PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA N reg and AOPA Latest
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2010, 16:01
Thomascl605

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aeroncaman, old China,

Your tax reasons US Company theory is way off, also totally irrelevant. This tax subject has been done to death in the Private forum, and has been dissected and ultimately seen for what it is (a load of old balls)

As for your comment "stubborn refusal to acknowledge changing circumstances may not be the way forward"

Well, you haven't really read my postings on my own circumstances. This isn't a one shoe fits all change. People will lose jobs over this, many EU Citizens, and not only myself. Your response regarding somehow fitting in 14 exams around flying is humorous. As we all know the subject matter isn't exactly well written, and the vast majority not relevant. Also, the time taken to study runs into months as you well know. The end result ? Oh, I'm still flying my "N" reg jet in the same way as for years before. Does this give you some satisfaction ?

So, I'll say this. I'm an EU Citizen with rights to continue flying an "N" reg aircraft as I see fit.

Your last sentence of "Unfortunately the world does not bat on a level playing field." Is pretty much schoolboy stuff.

Many "N" reg, EU reg, other non EU reg are seen being based in different countries, sometimes for years. Especially in the Middle East and even EI reg in the USA. There are many more examples of these based Aircraft that I can give, as well as the examples given already on previous postings.

As you well know a JAA licenced pilot is no safer than an FAA or other non EU licenced Pilot.