PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Mixed Fleet Legal?
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2010, 15:25
Outsider2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am current cabin crew and they are not putting me out of work.
It is a new fleet with new terms and conditions and it will grow as current crew leave through natural wastage or retirement.

There are some crew on hear that do make out we are all going to be forced on to this new Mixed Fleet but that is not what is actually happening. Our terms and conditions are not changing other than working with less crew than we did before, but most crew are not unhappy with this change.

BA have made huge savings from these new crewing levels and they will over time make more savings with the introduction of Mixed Fleet.

Many crew are worried by the change and many do not trust BA. Crew do worry that in a few years or so BA will come back for more savings from us current crew but I do not see any plan to get rid of any of us or force any of onto Mixed Fleet.
Betty Girl,
Thanks for the explanation, appreciate it.
I totally understand what you are saying having followed both threads and also having read your posts, I fully understand the situation on both sides.
What BA have done does seem very reasonable, most people outside BA like myself appreciate this which is why I do also disagree with the strike.
Having said that, I do understand the fears of current crew.

Are you not concerned by the possible lack of work in the coming months once works is transferred to Mixed Fleet and there is a decrease in you earnings, I believe they are meal allowances which make up a substantial part of your salary?