PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2010, 02:47
bigjarv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spandex! You are a moron!!!!! I mean that in a loving way! The dash is a boll@x aeroplane designed by a 2 year old ergonomics student!! Where shall we put the switches? Well, we'll put one here cause it looks good and we'll put one here cause they will never find it and we will put one here that actually literally does nothing (those who fly it know what it is!!) and then we'll put a whole bunch of warning lights here cause they will never be able to work out what has gone wrong and we will make them come on in such a combination that they won't have any idea what to do and THEN we will give them an emergency checklist that regularly makes you do the wrong thing..... Awesome!

I flew a jet (beautiful machine to operate also with foibles but still great) and now I fly the dash. It is rubbish!! I love it too cause you really have to fly it (about the only thing that is similar to a piston) but seriously you sit in the ground school for it thinking.... Is this machine for real?! There was also a lot of... "but WHY does it do that! That's ridiculous! Who would design something like that!"! I assume you flew the dash before you flew a jet (when you knew no better). If it was the other way round you too would be saying it is (and I choose my words carefully) and "interesting" plane to fly! I can only assume you have forgotten!

I call you a loving moron cause you associate the dash to a twin 4-6 seat piston!! What are you on about?!?!?! That is ridiculous!! Funny too!! I mean there are 70 seats of inertia difference between them to start with ("if you can fly a Duchess or a Seneca you can fly a dash" mmmmmmnnnnnnaaaahhhhhh... cause the Duchess had loads of glass cockpit stuff!) and the real difference between them is you can reliably land a duchess well where as it is total pot luck on the dash!! I'm obviously very good but for the usual pilot its hard!!!

As has been said before, the dash is like an Austin Allegro built on a Friday afternoon. I prefer the TVR analogy thou! It's a hard aeroplane to fly because it makes no sense and it's more like a jet (and actually has two FADEC controlled jet engines) than a piston, mark my words!

I too have nothing better to do cause I'm always tech!

Last edited by bigjarv; 29th Oct 2010 at 02:58.