PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another helicopter down in the Mourne Mountains
Old 28th Oct 2010, 20:40
Bladecrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad no-one seriously injured or worse still, killed. Obvious Darwin awards candidate though.
One word - Knob...

Second,

SilsoeSid, you don't always have to have the last word on everything and other people are allowed their opinion...

I WAS in the area where the accident happened today and while the weather wasn't perfect it wasn't beyond police ops in my opinion. Wx was reasonable in the morning with low cloud hugging the hills in a lot of places, before getting worse in the afternoon. I think this accident was probably down to mountain ops rather than weather, and it could have happened anyone carrying out this type of mission in those conditions. Unlucky to have crashed, lucky to have walked away. I wish the crew a speedy recovery.

Edit: Conditions in around the crash site would have been poor with low cloud and mist, and this has since been confirmed by news footage, but the decision to operate there would have been a joint one made by the crew, and should have been within their operational limits.

BC

Last edited by Bladecrack; 28th Oct 2010 at 23:05. Reason: add note