PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde at Hatfield
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2010, 20:05
AVROTRI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice to enjoy a hearty welcome thankyou and see that my enquiry has renewed a lively debate.
Having spoke to a couple of friends today I'm pretty sure the Comet in 1989 was Boscombes 4C XS235 and the First Development Airbus A310 F-WZLI visited in 1983 but was apparently too large to use the perimeter route. The Airbus Skylink Guppy also attended but not sure if she landed
Its very interesting thankyou Amos that you mention G-ACSS. I recall the Red Wonder zooming lowish over the house (which is not far from the airfield) coming in from the West then doing some circuits and looking spectacular. This was probably around 1992 but it was a blue sky/some cloud day and I don't recall a Comet 4 that time yet a Hercules does seem in the memory banks. Not being a 'Reggie Spotter' as Phileas refers to them but generally just interested in what goes over the house the memory banks are not clear on the dates Im afraid. Would love to see the photoshoot pics if possible please?
No luck yet on the Concorde visit/photos but this link appears to make mention of it:- http://www.concordesst.com/history/destinations.html