PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA N reg and AOPA Latest
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2010, 16:29
Thomascl605

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Socal, our Aircraft has a large 'N' on the tail. Perhaps you know something I don't but unless law has changed today, then an 'N' registered Bizjet requires FAA licences in order to fly it.

It's really not a question of can't be bothered to do 14 exams. It's more a question of what I have seen of them in extracts, and the utter waste of time (according to many JAA licenced Pilots) that they are.

It's also a time constraint in as much as a Bizjet Pilot couldn't take 6 months off to study for the exams. It would mean immediate loss of job. If I did somehow manage this, then at the end of it and having passed them, I would still be flying the same Jet with an 'N' on the tail. I wouldn't be handling or operating it any differently of course. With me taking these exams would this give you some satisfaction. Would you sleep better in the knowledge that I've done this ?

Your quote of "Any other industry and having the local required country qualifications would be required" Is surely misleading. I refer to my prior postings. What about the thousands of JAA/FAA etc Pilots that go and work for example in the middle east or far east. They choose to "domicile" themselves there, and fly on a validation from the CAA of the local Country in question. Why can't we in europe do the same ?

They don't have to go back to the start and virtually study a licence from scratch in say the UAE to fly for Emirates etc etc.

Also, I have heard much about the theoretical exams for the JAA being abused. For example, I know that much of the study material in G***** ends up in the exam halls in some form or another.

I've also heard rumours (apt on this forum) that some newly introduced JAA member states licencing dept takes cash bungs for JAA tickets.

Actually I wasn't told to remove my posting to "Mad Jock" They're deleting loads on the Private forum at the moment.