PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's in charge on BA flights?
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2010, 06:45
lilflyboy262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Technically the Gate Agent is in charge of the aircraft while the aircraft is still attached to the Jetway. Basically they are the eyes, ears and mouth piece of the guys in operations.
I never pulled that one on the tech crew until they came out and had a go at me for having a go at the CC for dragging their ass and holding boarding.
And even then I was still directing it at the CC, that what I say goes while the bridge is still attached, not at the techies as I find it rediculous to tell the captain that!

The type of cabin crew you described are the worst people to work with. Its their little world, and for those few hours, they are the king of it and want everyone to know it.
They work at their own speed and to their own demands, rather than working with the people like the tech and ground crew to get everything away smoothly.
Also, not a attack on sexuality, but it does tend to be the people of the limp wristed disposition. With the odd school teacher mistress thrown in there too.

Aaah well. Those were the days, soon will be seeing it from the cockpit side of things!

Also vonkluffen, pull your head in, without the "Ironmen" you wouldn't be going anywhere and you would be a waiter or a waitress getting to point out where the exits in the bar are.
And before you go into the whole "thats not all we do, we do things in the event of an emergency", just remember who's trying their best to keep the plane pointed in the right direction and right way up in a emergency.