PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA N reg and AOPA Latest
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2010, 23:14
Thomascl605

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rubbish !

EASA have basically stated that they don't believe that a non EU licence /IR etc is as safe as their JAA counterpart. They are of course talking complete tosh, and as we all know they have ZERO evidence to back up their futile claims.

If you are talking about abiding by the local Country laws then I really don't see your point.

Are you really saying that in order to utilise your flying qualifications in any other Country than the one that you train in, therefore you have to start training from scratch in the Country that you wish to work in ???
Oh, and I guess that also rules out a validation too ?

If that was the case then if Pilot Blogs wishes to take his FAA / JAA licence and work for Emirates for example, then he / she has to start over and pass the local UAE Instrument Rating and ATPL from scratch. Somehow this wouldn't work would it ? Are we really becoming this stupid ?

If we're talking about flags of convenience etc, I really couldn't care less. Do you have any idea for example, how many billions of $,£,Euros etc are salted away by Companies in say the Cayman Islands etc ? It makes your point look miniscule by comparison. Oh, and by the way these people don't just own N reg, or non EU reg jets, many of these people / companies that salt away billions have jets on the EU register too. Many also own yachts, some also on 'flags of convenience' as you put it.

So what, big deal, I couldn't care less. I just FLY, and if I'm being told that my non EU IR isn't allowed any more in Europe, just because of domicile then my view is that the people proposing this nonsense can GET STUFFED !

Either that or they would need to ban every Pilot that flies into and out of Europe with non EU licences on a daily basis.

That's not going to happen.