PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2010, 22:54
JD-EE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GreatBear, it might be more interesting to see a serious summary of all the hypotheses with their pro and con factors. What does each hypothesis not cover with regards to apparent facts as we know them? This might lead to some fine tuning leading to some small set of consensus hypotheses to further discuss. (Ideally this discussion board would have a way to keep the running status of this data up to date and easily available.)

Another analysis would be to take a listing of all the back-tracks and see if some meta-analysis of them might provide an even better placement, or at least provide a better estimate of probable location.

Finally it might be interesting for someone with time on their hands to discuss why various "conspiracy theories" that have floated through here are silly.

For example, isn't it more damaging to all parties concerned, manufacturer, operator, owners, and investigators if they fail to fill in all the blanks by either finding the recorders (and getting lucky that the data needed really is there) or finding a convincing reason for not being able to find the recorders.

(I'm mumbling here - are there any suitable planes that have experienced too many cycles that could be chopped up into various size pieces and sunk so we can see how these composite materials sink in that area of the ocean? If they go down slow enough they could be way way off where people expect them. So they may need to go over the areas already covered looking for objects on a finer scale. Involve some universities in the project and call it a fine scale oceanographic survey as well as a search. The research results might provide some slight offset to the expenses.)

{^_^}