PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here we go again then?
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2002, 01:45
mark twain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot Pete,

I have indeed read your initial thread and follow up. From a selfish point of view I take motivation from the fact that somebody else has achieved the same goal with similar problems - it is always easier knowing that somebody else has done the hard work ahead of you.

I hope you do not feel I was playing down your position or lacking sympathy - you derserve your job and the opportunity for a bit of peace and stability. You also derserve to be angry. On top of all you have gone through you do not derserve to have this added stress.

At times, normally late at night sat next to a hospital bed, you wonder where the next punch is going to come from and how you will cope - you crave for stability and peace. I personally believe that you develop a pool of inner strength. As an individual you may not always feel it, but it exists and it will carry you through.

I understand that this does not pay the mortgage or feed the kids, but it does mean that your down turn will be short lived, and you will bounce back with avengance.

In my last post I was trying, possibly unsuccessfully, to be motivational. Redundancy is a nightmare you do not derserve, however don't let it finish you or take away from the fact that have gone through alot - things will get better this is just another small bump on the road.

To answer your query I am going commercial, and presently doing my ATPL by correspondence, whilst pottering around airfields when possible. The last few years set me back in terms of progress - however the only thing I do know is that someday an airline will employ me - it is just that they do not know this yet!

Best of luck.

Mark