PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Myocardial Perfusion Scan
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2010, 18:00
tgilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Myocardial Perfusion Scan

Hi All

I had an angioplasty (3 stents in 1 artery) back in 2008 and so my class 1 medical is still suspended at the moment, but I'm about to embark on a mission to get something back. I have followed the CAA algorithm and been in contact with HQ and I need the following - cardiologist review, exercise/stress test and a myocardial perfusion scan. CAA say they can do the review and stress test for £195 which seems pretty reasonable but I can't get a price or location nearby for the scan. I know there are a couple of places in London but I live just outside Swansea so would like something closer. Anyone got any info on price and scan location plus has anyone gone to the CAA for the other two or would I be dancing with the devil?
I am going to try and get my class 2 / class 1 multi crew limitation back and then go to a medical appeals panel to try and get the restriction changed to instruction only with no public transport. As it stands now you can instruct "post solo" but not ab initio which I also want to try and change.
After all, someone has to be first !

Any info or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks ......... Regaeds, Tony.