PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlantic airlines sponsorship with muliflight
Old 27th Oct 2010, 17:54
jetpilotpunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ MA Bates

Thanks, from what I understand this is what it amounts to. I welcome anyone to point out inacuracies in my observation as it appears to be, in my opinion, an awfully dreadful 'scheme'...

@ Wannabe Fugly

Firstly congratulations if this is what you want to do

I understand it's one of the few schemes out there but who benefits?? I can't imagine Atlantic being a career airline like Cathay, BA etc. These big players were the ones who historically provided (fully sponsored) Cadetships. Why you ask?? Because they could mould a Pilot that would be a lifer and would see a return on their investment.

Smaller operations like Atlantic are historically focused on cash flow and shorter term goals. It is hugely beneficial to have a continious flow of 'slaves' for your 24hr charter business, not alone that but guys paid minimum wage who eventually pay for their own training anyway!!!!!!!!

All I can say is congratulations to whoever is managing the place, there will never be a shortage of wide eyed and bushy tailed guys looking for a short term fix to a long term career!!

I can't imagine many Cadets staying long enough after training to get into the left seat when the allure of 'hot hosties' beckons..

Also...I'm curious to hear about the illusive good publicity that poor unspoiled kids are so vocal about??

With the most noble of intentions,

Fred