PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2010, 16:47
aidoair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is bmibaby planning to replace its B733's & B735's at all. They're getting quite old hence the recent jump in tech faults anyone no if there is any plans for investment by LH?
bmibaby now managing director Julian Carr has recently answered selected questions given to him by the public about the company: bmibaby chief Julian Carr answers your questions - Runway Girl I feel he is committed to the company and is definately not scared of getting involved with the running of the front line or involved with the public like some airline execs...

He also answered on the bmibaby f. book page or t. witter page a while back that there are no immediate plans to replace them as they currently work well for the airlines model. However in the future as part of wider bmi/lufthansa group plans would look into evaluating a new aircraft type.

Also what happened to bmibaby's Manchester plans of getting of niche routes and expanding to popular destinations? if so could citybreaks like ORK, CDG or AMS be returned?
I also wonder about this. I know they had to scale down etc and most as to why are answered in the above link or in various posts around the web. However I feel they need to get their foot in the door pretty quick at MAN as they really do have potential there. They just need to commit to it. I cant see the likes of CDG or AMS to return as they are now well served by Flybe and easyJet, though ORK could be a potential return.