PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORPORATE AVIATION - how to get in!
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2010, 13:52
Davjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mutt

I realise that there must be hundreds maybe thousands of Pilots with high hours and ratings pouring out of their ears, and who are also finding it hard to obtain a position in this current economic climate. I can't comment on their circumstances, but in my case I qualfied as a Pilot quite a few years ago, and even when there was a reasonably good economy I still found it difficult to land a job. Quite a few Pilots hold both a JAR licence and FAA licence, I only hold the FAA licence due to the CAA's ridiculous policy on medicals, so my options to begin with have been limited. This however has never held me back in trying to secure a job, the only reflection of this is my hours. In some cases I don't see that my hours would be a major factor in the hiring process - so far I've sucessfully completed 2 type ratings on complex jets. I believe if you have the aptitude and drive anyone can do a good job regardless of how many hours one has, after all you do see Airlines hiring chaps with literally 250 hours and going straight onto a B737 or Airbus types. As I mentioned somewhere in this thread, I would consider doing another rating on condition of an offer after completing training. The problem I'm encountering and the reason I posted, was to gain advice or suggestions in how to go about getting in contact with the operators of these aircraft specifically on November, Bermuda, Cayman and Manx. I have tried nearly every way imaginable but only managed to obtain a few, mainly due to most private operators choice of remaining anonymous and therefore their hiring process is via recommendation from persons familiar to them.