PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter missing in the Mourne Mountains, & tributes to AJ
Old 27th Oct 2010, 11:54
stringfellow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gordy, im new (ish) here, a humble ppl with a wish to survive. thank you for articulating a pprune issue that has puzzled me for years..... when i hear of a crash i speculate wildly, online, with pilot friends, in the pub with non pilot friends who ask me. why??? because by exploring all the issues speculatively i hope to learn from them which one day may keep me alive and make me a better pilot. a crash stimulates debate energetically which ill informed or not is better than no debate at all. isnt this just the reason for an online forum????

so if its cfit, incapacity, or just the engines stopped lets talk about it... even if we all prove to be wrong i for one could learn heaps from the discussion. what on earth is wrong with that.?? if god forbid i ever crash id love you all to talk endlessly about it in the hope that no one else does the same..... yes people have died, its tragic, a whole different issue and i cant begin to think how the families are coping,, but its not insensitive to talk about the events, it just isnt.

by the time the aaib report is published we will all have moved on, now is the time to discuss this. a close friend of mine was killed 13 months ago in a light piston,,,, still no sign of a report. so what are we supposed to do just sit tight???

the censoring of speculation on this forum has baffled me for a long time. its basic human nature, exploring the survival instinct. this is by no means linked to a lack of respect to the deceased and their loved ones, to whom i offer my profound condolences, i am not equipped to deal with what they are going through and wont try..... i just hope it never happens to me....

which is why i speculate in the meantime.