PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salary @ Emirates
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2010, 08:40
six7driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patty747400, the only time I've done 45 hours in the last year a half at Emirates has been during a leave month where I worked 12 days. Great vacation credit hey!

78hours? that kind of hard time you'll only see in the last 2 months of the year, when you're getting close to 900 hours for the year, or if you need the hours for your command .

You will do better than 100 hours duty every month though, as when you are getting close to yearly limit you will get plenty of augment and safety pilot duties, which are good for sh*t when getting you need the required time on type, but you get payed for the flying, except when you're deadheading when you get nothing for flight pay, and that is common for those low in absolute seniority.

I think the salary question is always relative to your personal situation, the only thing I would say is that the package looks much better on paper, than the reality, as you'll be spending far more then you think covering education (if you have kids), recreation, and travel. Something you will only understand once you spend some time in the better than 6 months of unbearable heat here.

But yes I'm sure it's better than SIN cargo, and yes the girls are better lithium batteries.

cheers
six