PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines
Old 27th Oct 2010, 07:03
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not all Korean Pilots have level 6

There are not many, I rather say just a few.... Korean Pilots hwo have Level 6, you find alot who bearly make level 4 and some who scratch the heads because they did not pass the bench mark. So please stick to facts when you post something that you want to pass on to the Congressman. It would be pitty you load him with the wrong ammunition and when he want´s to aim and fire his gun´s the shots backfire then and vanish.

The European CAA´s gave alot of theire Pilots Level 4 without further testing as you have to do some ATPL written exams in English and also the Radio Licence you had to do in English before, written and oral exam. That was in 1980´s when I had the hurdles seen higher then my abilities first. Now the JAA is making a fresh policy for all Member Authorities to harmonise the application, I am smiling at this very moment as I remember a Instructor of mine back then, he told me to hurry up as there is a European Regulation on the plan and when I pass all exams before I am not subject to the new testing as I have the Licence received earlier. When I look into the CAA´s Website I see so many things not completed, yet. Maybe after my retirement then.....

In a few months I know if and when I have to do another ELP test, despite having a certificate received with Level 6 but unfortunatly before the regulation was modyfied, so the date is not valid and I am sure I have to pay another 150 .-- € to get another paper into the licence who states ELP level... valid until..... who is faster? Retirement 6 years or cashman 3 years?

Fly safe and land happy

NG