PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Explain the "basics" please!
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2010, 01:21
NutLoose

Received 3,037 Likes on 1,281 Posts
Non-Commercial Aircraft:

I’m not good at ‘little’ stuff – but here goes!

Non-commercial aircraft are also now compelled to be maintained by a Part 145 organisation and be managed by a Part M Subpart F CAMO. All this is operated in a similar vein to the above. These small organisations may consist of a single operator/owner, an engineering manager and a part-time quality auditor.

...hope this helps
Rigga
Only if used for commercial usage does it need to be 145, otherwise a part M can maintain it, that also includes flight training aircraft as not deemed commercial. A man in a van can still do them on his licence though, as long as the ARC is renewed yearly by the CAA..

I when renewing the ARC tend not to do the extensions but simply reissue it every year, the system as is means that extending the ARC only renews it from the expiry, so if the aircraft was in on an Annual for a month etc you only get 11 months and the ARC then starts to shift away from the Annual, renewing it every year I get a full year on renewal and it falls due with the annual...... Stupid system really as if you let the ARC drift from the annual it adds another Gotcha to the process.