PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2010, 23:43
G SXTY

Supercharged PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And, as sure as night follows day, cometh the inevitable Pprune willy measuring contest.

You're more than welcome to your opinion – mine is based on my own observations, as well as those of colleagues who have flown everything from fast jets to 747s. I have yet to meet anyone who regards the Q400 as an easy aircraft to fly, irrespective of background or experience level.

Someone asked, quite reasonably, why undertake a Jet Orientation Course to fly a turboprop. My point was that the Dash is a bit of a step up from light aircraft, and in performance terms is closer to a jet airliner than a Duchess. I am aware that it can't climb as high or as fast as a 737, or indeed carry as many passengers, but then again, I wasn't giving an aeronautics lecture or playing Top Trumps of civil airliners.

Meanwhile, back at the question, there are several threads on the wannabes forums which are worth digging out. The information will be a couple of years old now, but I'd be surprised if the format has changed much since then.