PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Oct 2010, 12:19
F.O.E.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assessment at EK with a Frozen ATPL

I have been updating my hours on the website for a while and I have got the 2500 hours in a 737 and I was hoping that I would be considered for an assessment. However I work for an airline based out of the ROI who insisted that I converted my UK license to a IAA license. Last year my sim dates changed last minute and I was only able to give the IAA 9 days notice of my LPC instead of the required 10 days. Hence they told me that I could not unfreeze my ATPL. 6 months ago I also asked if they could change my opc to an lpc as I had given the required 10 days notice to the IAA to unfreeze my ATPL but I was told the check had to be an OPC My LPC is set to expire at the end of Jan but at the same time there is a rumor going around the company that the said airline I work for will not allow the unfreezing of ATPLs until you sign an agreement to command upgrade?!?!?!

Does anyone know if there is any chance of doing the assessment with EK and then unfreezing your ATPL after wards. I even have a contact that will help me do this if I convert it back to a UK license.

Any help appreciated

cheers

flying on empty