PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beta blockers and palpitations
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2010, 09:54
aviate1138

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same age as LR and had atrial fibrillation diagnosed and an enlarged heart [viral infection from flu ] with mitral regurgitation and a stage 3 kidney problem. I had been feeling all was not well within my overweight frame.

Cardiologist at Royal Surrey said I would need a pacemaker but he wanted to give me some drugs first. I had to lose weight and no exercise! Not easy I can tell you.

So I was given digoxin, ramipril, bisoprolol, warfarin and furosemide. Doses were increased gradually and after my last echocardiogram [9 months later] my heart had returned to normal size and my cardiologist scrubbed the pacemaker op. My kidneys somehow recovered more of their function and small amounts of wine can be consumed. Still on the pills but reductions are about to be made.

Side effects are complete loss of libido!, very itchy skin at times, variable bowel movements.

Anyone who feels something is not right with their heart is usually correct as I am sure one's central nervous system knows when things are out of order. For me the uncomfortable feeling of impending disaster has faded as my heart function has improved.