PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Airbase Commander Charged with Murder
Old 26th Oct 2010, 03:45
Modern Elmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<i> Not only is the death penalty irreversible, it's also a get-out. Solitary confinement for life, no chance of parole, subsistence gruel only, no entertainment, exercise or work allowed - a harsher punishment in my view and ultimately reversible.</i>

Your view?

Let's give this convicted murderer his choice, and see which punishment he chooses to avoid

If it be mental illness then he should not have been found guilty of murder. However I always consider anyone who commits murder to be mad, so you have a point.

So murderers really aren't bad people. They're mad, insane. They can't help themselves. In fact, one could say that "murder" is a social construct, and that "murderers" are not insane. Instead, so-called "murderers" are differently sane people, who are misunderstood by the insane Puritanical society around them.

Murderers are victims too. Murderers have probably been victimized by an unhappy childhood, as well as by the oppressive constraints of society at large. This poor man was confined by narrow, artificial gender roles that held him back from openly expressing his creative interests in the diversity of women's underwear.

Murderers need our understanding. They need help and psychotherapy, not punishment.