PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I love the recession!
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2010, 17:02
ToneTheWone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madder you ask a very good question about why things should get better. Maybe the reason you haven't got a reply is because few people under 30 have got any experience of what a recession is like. Here in the UK they've lived all of their working lives through times of plenty, with easy access to credit.

If I may give you a bit of a history lesson of the UK since the second world war. In the 1950s to the 1970s we had a massive manufacuring base that provided income from exports and almost full employment. Come the 1980s much of our manufacturing was closed down, but we had North Sea oil to rely on. After that we did have a ressession,but cheap credit funded the massive boom we've just experienced. This boom has now come to an abrupt end and has to be paid for, but with what? For things to get better, not have we got to pay our debts, we've got to find something to fuel the the recovery. And I can't think of anything that's going to provide a nation of 60 million with the standard of living it's got accustomed to and believe it deserves!

Bust has always followed boom, but there is no law to say that boom has to follow bust. Politicians drive me mad when they talk about the recovery but fail to say where it's coming from.

There will always be a need for pilots and jobs to be had, but for anybody expecting things to get back to how they were a few years ago, you may be very dissapointed.

Sorry to be all doom and gloom but you have to take a step back and look at the facts and have a grasp of history and economics.