PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is going on with Olympic Air ????
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2010, 15:38
maxalphaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trust me guys its Chaos out there.

Before anyone asks how I know this, please trust me on this one I have had firsthand experience.

When I was there it was initially ok, however working alongside the Flybe contract always had its minor issues. Mainly the BEE guys doing it right and better. This put the Greek noses often out of joint.

Anyway towards the end, 40 Pilots from the airbus fleet were made redundant as they are minimising the fleet due to the Aegean Merger. Before anyone asks although in principle the Greek Government has deferred the deal until December, its already happening behind closed doors. This is Greece and this is how they work, they are unwilling to change.

The most astonishing thing is that they made the good guys walk and kept the guys from the 'OLD' Olympic. They are trying there best to improve standards one gentleman in the flight safety office is a great guy (british) but in my humble opinion he is fighting a losing battle. Aviation is bizarre in Greece. As evident from the recent release of 40 pilots from the airbus fleet. There are guys screaming to get out, mostly the Contract guys.

Again in my humble opinion, leave well alone. Once flybe return on the 31st OCT they will be left alone with pilots with little experience on the Q400, yet don’t worry they have been flying these islands for 40years!! Yeah ok whatever!

Leave alone guys, look elsewhere and let’s see what’s left of them in the later part of the year. Its a toy town in Athens and the grownups still see themselves as skygods!?

In Reality they are clueless, to the real world of aviation, safety, FDM and EU Ops.