PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NASAIR Info (threads merged) - all you need to know about them
Old 25th Oct 2010, 12:41
System Logic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The people at the top of the pyramid dont get it. We all understand that NAS can not keep hemorrhaging the coin that it has been. If this airline had been any other, without the deep pockets that it has, we would be speaking about NAS in same breath as SAMA. What I dont understand, is that new boys seem to have some experience in this game (Easyjet). Getting rid of the crew meals is tolerable. I actually liked the meals. It was good to know that if you were hungry, it was there.

But, we were being held to ransom by Saudi Catering. So it had to go. What is not acceptable is the measly 3 SARs per duty hour that has been offered as a replacement. This amount is inline with our competition ?? Who is that ?? To buy a sh!tty chicken/tuna/cheese roll onboard cost 15 SARs, 20 if you want the meal. So if you are to do a 13 hour duty day, you still dont have enough to cover 2 meals. C'mon management, does that seem right ? There has been no further mention of getting it for cost price as was discussed in company email. As previously written, there is not enough time between turns to go into the terminal, get your meal and eat it. Certainly not if you want it hot!! Now the figure that was given to employees made it very expensive to feed us. None of the employees need to profit from this, but just give us enough to cover the food, that we now bring to the aircraft in our Hyper Panda plastic bags.

I thought that one of the most expensive costs to an airline is fuel, second only to labor ? Why is it that we are told to flog through the sky at .78 regardless of our arrival time. 25 mins early?? Dont bother to think about LRC boys, keep that CO2 footprint the size of a sasquatch ! Idle descents ? Nope, I want those engines roaring! The APU is only a small little guy, so let's start that up as part of our after landing checks, then taxi from 33L to gate 36 !! Aircraft taxi on 1 engine dont they ? What about using a cost index ? If we are to become a low cost airline, then implement procedures that cut costs in a big way! Now these aren't items that I have made up, these are part of our mashed up SOP's. Cant you see that you are spending all of this money on fuel, yet cutting corners elsewhere, burns us.

And now, we are going to be paid according to scheduled block hours. Cant see to many boys considering fuel savings, can you ? Might see your fuel costs go up, keep an eye on that. Not a threat at all, but a lot of guys will now be in a rush to arrive early, that is for sure. Rant over ! There is plenty more, but dont want to tie up all of my time. As for grandstanding ooderbs, this is not the case here. I am writing this on this forum cause the anonymity is required at NAS.

SL