PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2010, 07:03
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leon,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding, but I had some more pressing work to do yesterday pm rarther than read PPrune all day.

OK, so a few of you went to G-d-C (can't spell it correctly and I know how much you dislike incorrect spelling) but lets be honest, it was AFTER the NFZ was established, and you didn't fire a single shot in anger.

The same goes for the FJ contribution during GW1 and 2.

But lets not dwell on that. Theis thread is about the demise of MRA4 and I very much hoope you agree that a decision of such magnetude needs to be fought to the end.

I stand my comments about CAS,ACAS and the AOC. There has not been a single word spouted publicly by any of them, and for that they should be ashamed. It will interesting in a few years time when they come up for retirement......."well of course I was opposed to tne canx of Nimrod blah...." you can just hear it now can't you?

The NCA as you rightly point out is still alive and very much kicking on other platforms, and long may it stay. They provide an outstanding contribution and their value is incalculable (sp??!) The sad fact is that their numbers will now seriously deplete, and that is a severe loss to the service.

RumPunch - Thank you.

The Winco