PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moderators Impartiality
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2010, 06:46
airsupport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You hang on to what's left of the grey matter AS,

You aren't subject to any intentional mind games - it's a long running, very long running, tech problem we have with date stamps and, we think, PPRuNe being spread across multiple servers. That's about as much as we do know and it's gone on for years.

One of the most vociferous complainants behind the scenes is your own Taillie and the system appears to have picked on him for special treatment in the last few days. Essentially the time stamps and recent posts data appears to have a life of it's own and your mod is presently under the finest sedation Australia's vintners can offer.

About this time I'd offer the usual promise that normal service will be resumed as soon as possible - but that would be a lie. Techs are baffled and have got this filed away in the far too difficult drawer. We're having a good flare up with this problem so I'll lift the tarpaulin around the back of the privvy and give the somnambulent tech gods a good poke with the stick again.

Rob
Thank you Rob, I certainly NEED to hang on to what I have left.

So it is tail wheel causing all the trouble, stirring the Yanks.

I can see where the times may not line up sometimes, on one post I looked up the other night the time would have been correct IF you were where the new owners of the site are in California.

However this business where the time logged for a post in the list of threads goes forward, not once but several times and makes it appear in the list of threads as a NEW post, but the time ON the actual thread does NOT change, is way beyond me.

Best regards,

David.