PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2010, 19:11
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
TBW, if the worst that can be thrown at me is that I bored you ***** rigid, I'll gladly put my hand up to that and be grateful for small mercies! To be honest it would have been far more enjoyable posting my really interesting stories and really interesting pics about the good old days. Well to be even more honest I've done that as well, to much the same effect as I had on you, I fear! As tuc says the real bugger here is the needless deaths. When you are young you are indestructible, or think you are, but when you grow as old as me you realise of course that you are not. If that is of little consequence to you personally, it is of great consequence to those who love you and rely upon you. They are the real victims of this scandal (the "A" one, that is). I don't complain about the cut and thrust I've received on this forum, kitchens and heat and all that, but they have had a rough ride from time to time on various threads here. Poor show in my book!
As to hoping that the Senior Service will now bang the table and demand a restitution of MAR, my only thought is don't hold your breath. It seems they are in an even more parlous state than we, despite all the hints to the contrary. The Ark to go, Harrier to go, numerous ships to go, and all banked on a promise of two, well one at least, carriers in the future, though not it seems planes to fly off them! No wonder their concentration seems to have gone awry recently. The Springfield Monorail was a viable concept in comparison, but then that brings us right back on thread doesn't it? So sorry for the diversion.