PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NASAIR Info (threads merged) - all you need to know about them
Old 24th Oct 2010, 16:26
ooderbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the company is cutting costs. It needs to. These cuts cover all areas of the business and pilots are by no means the only affected population. Regarding crew meals; who wanted them, they were never eaten, and they cost the company a fortune. But in typical fashion, take something away and all hell breaks loose. The fact that people have resigned over this issue is simply amazing. Why did you leave your last company? They made me use the allowance to pay for food.

The truth..

Crews will be paid an allowance that has been benchmarked against our competition (who for a long time have removed crew meals). It can be used to purchase food from the in-flight shop, airport kiosk etc etc

Tea/Coffee/Water will still be provided free of charge. There were a few days where supplies didn't reach the aircraft. I think this is now fixed.

To address Cpt Munir's comments, he's resigned from the company so don't expect anything he says to be positive. Duty hours Max? The average in the high season is 60 block hours. That's hardly max.

Anyone who wants to join you are welcome, and I'm confident you'll find there are numerous positives at nas. Anyone, who works with us and doesn't like it, address your concerns properly so we at least know the issues and can consider them.

Anyone who wants to grandstand, make yourself known, and rest assured, you'll be quickly shown to the door!