PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2010, 15:20
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Zedder:
Chugalug2,
I think it is you that "just don't get it do you". Whilst I would prefer what I fly to be 100% safe, I know enough about Airworthiness and Risk Management to know that achieving that is not cost effective. Hence I am prepared to accept some risk to get the job done; a job that as CAS admitted himself still needs doing.
When did I ever call for MRA4 to be "100% safe?". What aircraft has ever been "100% safe"? I merely call for aircraft that receive a UK military RTS to be knowingly airworthy. You don't. Tuc's 2* didn't. You are in good company it would seem! If you claim that the MRA4 is now airworthy, then why has it been effectively cancelled? Because of a story in the Times? Because "call me Dave" just doesn't like it being called Nimrod? Or is it because a bottomless bucket threatened to go on gobbling up even more tax payers money for ever and a day, and all to no avail? This fiasco has cost us now an essential military capability, one that has to be plugged. It cannot be plugged by MRA4 it would seem, or any other other product of BWoS. Time for the CAS to put up or shut up for good. I don't know what the answer to this conundrum is, but he has to. It's his job. If he's not up to it he must go now to make way for someone who is.