PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could this happen: a non-pilot landing a heavy jet ??
Old 17th Aug 2002, 20:27
teropa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aisleman,

I'm really sorry, if even after apologizing that post would create such fierce flaming. I truly do not see why that should happen. Are professional pilots a breed that cannot control their emotions and immediately feel threatened if someone suggests he/she could do something without the license that the pilots can? I know that this isn't the case with the majority... Besides, this isn't even the point of the post...

PAXboy,

I appreciate the POV you're bringing to this, but as it is, it's not the issue here whether or not it would happen, rather than could it be done if such was to take place.

skyvan,

Thanks for the informative opinion. Your reply was something that I hoped for . A "civil" sold reply... lol

Actually, I was also kind of hoping for someone who drives the 767 for living to see if the above sequence would enable the fictional people from the fairly-tale land walk away from the jet...
As I'm just a PC-pilot with ~ 20 landings and a few hundred hours in a real Cessna, it would interest me to see if I was very far from what I _should_ do...

I appreciate the replies, keep em coming!

Tero