PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 24th Oct 2010, 15:01
WANTING WSOP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice Please

Hi There

I returned from OSAC a couple about 6 weeks ago getting down to the last 5 from the original total of 32. I am applying for Air Crew.

I recieved a letter shortly afterwards to say that I needed to get my liver function test repeated. Due to various things my liver results were inflated - I had been taking too much cod liver oil etc - stupid I know but after a 2 week detox and a re-test my results came back all clear.

3 days later I got another letter to say I had been sucessfull to this point and now my application would go infront of a board sometime in Decemeber! Not surprised due to the Strategic Defence Review - just a very long process and the waiting game is awful.

Whilst I know no-one has a magic ball -I was just hoping someone may have some views on my particular situation. Do you think they will be given a set amount of places for the new financial year and that everyone who has made it through selection will be discussed at the board meeting and then the best put through? If so - clearly my future depends on the amount of recruitment and the grade I achieved at Cranwell?

I have dedicated everything to getting this job - just concerned now that recruitment will be so low - I have possibly chosen the worst time ever to try and get in!

All I can do now is wait for the letter in Dec at some point...

Any advice or insight appreciated.

Cheers