PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2010, 13:27
zedder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If ever there was a case of someone shooting the messengers, then your ignorant rant is just that. After all the posts on all the threads; Sea King, Tornado, Hercules, Nimrod and of course the most long running and most shocking of all, Chinook, you just don't get it do you?
Chugalug2,
I think it is you that "just don't get it do you". Whilst I would prefer what I fly to be 100% safe, I know enough about Airworthiness and Risk Management to know that achieving that is not cost effective. Hence I am prepared to accept some risk to get the job done; a job that as CAS admitted himself still needs doing. I remember arguing on here before, that we don't all drive the safest cars available on the road because we can't afford to buy them. Hence we all accept some level of risk every time we get behind the wheel - or do you walk everywhere?

As Charlie Luncher said a few posts ago, certain poeple on this thread have got their way - Nimrod MRA4 is now 100% safe because it will never fly operationally. Unfortunately, in certain areas the capability it bought to the party is now also 100% gone and I can confidently predict that in 10 years time we will be able to look back at several cases where people have died, and be able to argue that they would not have done had Nimrod MRA4 still been in existence. That number is highly likely to be higher than the number of Nimrod MRA4 aircrew that might have died doing the job they were trained for and love doing.