PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter missing in the Mourne Mountains, & tributes to AJ
Old 24th Oct 2010, 10:14
PoloJamie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a little bit of an update on BBC News now:
BBC News - Three dead after Mourne Mountains helicopter crash

Three people from south-east England have died in a helicopter crash in the Mourne Mountains on Saturday.
The dead are the pilot and two passengers who were in Northern Ireland for a day of shooting in County Fermanagh.
The PSNI is speaking to the Metropolitan Police about contacting the families of those who died.
Air accident investigators are due at the crash scene on Sunday morning.
The helicopter is believed to have taken off from Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, and crashed about 1600 BST on Saturday near Hilltown.
Mountain rescue teams, the Ambulance service and the Fire and Rescue Service were involved in the crash aftermath.
The helicopter crashed in an area known locally as Leitrim Lodge between Hilltown and Rostrevor.
It is understood to be a medium-sized Agusta helicopter capable of carrying up to eight people.
South Down MP Margaret Ritchie said she was "very saddened" to hear of the crash.
"On behalf of the people of South Down and those I represent, I offer my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies to the families of the bereaved at this most tragic time."
RIP